Keyskills is an education initiative launched by the Keystone Group to help build construction talent for the future of the industry in the UK and Ireland. Working within the construction industry, the Keystone Group has been supporting the education sector for over 10 years, promoting modern construction methods through free training support and materials
Overview of Keyskills
Keyskills for brickies aims to provide colleges and industry bodies with key training support and materials to assist students and apprentices in their bricklaying training. With a shortage of skilled tradespeople in the construction sector, we want to collaborate with education establishments to relieve financial pressure and enable funds to be reallocated back into the development and recruitment of these training programmes.
Keystone Group brands involved in this initiative include IG Masonry Support, IG Lintels, Keyfix and Keystone Lintels. Each brand has been supporting the education sector individually for over 10 years through the provision of free product and training. Keyskills is an opportunity to streamline this process and provide a full package of support from all brands.
What is the need for this initiative?
From conversations with relevant bodies in the industry, the Keystone Group found that not only is there a problem in keeping aspiring bricklayers in the trade but there is also a huge problem around recruiting bricklayers. With that in mind, we believe this should be an industry-wide approach in conjunction with all relevant bodies and Keyskills is the Keystone Group’s contribution to this effort.
Benefits of the initiative
- Training rigs to support the training on installation of Keystone Group products
- FREE product from IG Masonry Support, IG Lintels, Keyfix and Keystone Lintels (masonry support systems, brick slip systems, non-combustible cavity trays, lintels, windposts etc.)
- FREE training presentations for staff, tutors and students
- FREE tours and installation workshops at our Swadlincote, Overseal and Cookstown manufacturing facilities
- Social media promotion of partnership
- Sponsorship for awards and bricklaying competitions
- Sponsorship of tools and equipment to support apprentices through their training
- FREE Keyskills merchandise to look the part!
What we ask for in return
We ask for little in return. Just a few simple things:
- Follow our brands and maintain occasional social media activity on initiative involvement
- Create a website news article in relation to receiving support from our initiative
- Use the product responsibly and recycle where possible at end of use.