IG’s Corporate Responsibility is the deliberate inclusion of public interest into corporate decision-making. We strive to run our business ethically, responsibly and sensitively for long term success.
Our activities are managed in a safe manner, protecting the health, welfare and safety of everyone involved and encouraging social inclusion in the communities in which we operate.
At IG we are committed to the continuous development of our Environmental Management System, working in partnership with our specifiers, customers and suppliers. We are delighted that our investment in sustainability has produced positive results and has greatly reduced our carbon footprint. IG is committed to sustainable operations and environmental protection. Being the first lintel manufacturer to be awarded with the ISO 14001 certification proves that we don’t just acknowledge the need for environmental policies – we get involved.
Environmental Policy BS EN ISO 14001: 2004
Statement: IG is committed to the continual improvement of All Environmental Issues and the protection of the Environment.
Our commitment is to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognized environmental best practice into our business operations with structured planning, implementation and management commitment.
- Measure our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Measure and analyze our production efficiencies.
- Improve our impact on the community with regard to noise, smell, dust and vibration.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities to meet our planned objectives and targets.
- Comply and document as a minimum with all relevant environmental legislation and any other legal requirement which may be relevant.
- Maintain certification to ISO 14001 through rigorous monitoring and review of our performance.
To meet our commitments we will:
- Provide our customers and regulatory bodies’ oversight and review of environmental policies and performance, and allocate resources for their effective direction and implementation.
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance.
- Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy, environmental issues and performance on a regular basis, and encourage feedback.
- Promote appropriate consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our customers.
- Review our environmental policy regularly.
- This statement represents our general position on environmental issues, and the policies and practices we will apply in conducting our business.